I was craving something lemony, saw this recipe for Lemon Crinkle Cookies and decided to test it out. I did make a few modifications. The recipe called for one stick of butter, but I wanted to use less than that, so I reduced the butter and also used oil. And I also used whole wheat pastry flour instead of white flour. These cookies were yum! A perfect chewy cookie with a hint of lemony goodness! They would go wonderfully with a cup of tea.
Servings: 18 cookies
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/8 cup oil
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
juice from 1 small lemon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon baking soda
1-1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheets and set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter, oil and sugar together until light and fluffy. Whip in vanilla, egg, lemon zest and juice. Scrape sides and mix again.
- Stir in all dry ingredients slowly until just combined, excluding the powdered sugar. Scrape sides of bowl and mix again briefly.
- Pour powdered sugar onto a large plate. Roll a heaping teaspoon of dough into a ball and roll in powdered sugar. Place on baking sheet and repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake for 14 minutes or until bottoms begin to barely brown and cookies look matte (not melty or shiny). Remove from oven and cool cookies about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling rack.*If you are using a non stick darker baking tray, reduce baking time by about 2 minutes*
Original Source: Lauren Brennan – Lemon Crinkle Cookies
Tuesday, March 19, 2013 | 1 Comment