I have always wanted to make monkey bread, but I didn’t want to have to deal with making the dough. I saw recipes that used pre-made biscuit dough, but I am not a fan of that kind of dough. I have used pizza dough to make quick cinnamon rolls before, so I thought, why not try to make monkey bread too?! I was glad I tried. The monkey bread was awesome! It didn’t stick together as much as I would have liked it to, but the mini bread balls were little sweet, chewy bites of joy.
Mini Pizza Dough Monkey Bread
1 pizza dough ball
1 cup sugar
1 tablespoon + 2 dashes cinnamon
2-3 tablespoons butter, melted
1-2 tablespoons powder sugar
1 – 2 tablespoons almond milk (or other milk)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease a mini muffin pan and set aside.
- Mix together sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl and set aside.
- Place butter in bowl and microwave to melt.
- Drop teaspoonfuls of pizza dough in bowl with butter, about 3-6 dough balls at a time and roll in butter.
- Spoon out dough balls that have been rolled in butter and drop in bowl with cinnamon and sugar mixture. Roll balls in sugar mixture.
- Place three dough balls in one mini muffin cup.
- Once all of the pizza dough has been used up, bake the mini monkey bread for 10 minutes.
- Remove from muffin cups and place on a plate to frost.
- Create frosting by mixing together milk, powdered sugar and two dashes of cinnamon. Pour oven monkey bread.
Wednesday, March 20, 2013 | 0 comments